Thursday, October 18, 2007

TEXT-SAVER, 10/18-10/21: THE LOST WEEKEND

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For real, though, I have Google Calendar and I am so party-serious now. You tell me about your party, BANG! I text that shit to GCal and it'll remind me in two weeks an hour before the party starts. How much do we love the digital age?

Anyway, this weekend: is this really happening? Like, for real with this weekend? My mind is so blown.

Assuming the weekend starts on Wednesday, I'll just tell you that last night was fun even though it was a sausage party for most of the night, that Hey-Dawg and James are the funnest ever to take to the Khyber, that Chris D. is my favorite, that I spilled more beer than I drank, that Conrad will drive all the way to the airport and back to find a party, that Teddy Bear has an also-gay look-alike, that everyone in the city was there last night (except you, oh, and all girls), that I got invited to an orgy (no), that Hey-Dawg told us all about the time he brought his 66-year-old mom and her sister to the Khyber for his birthday, that Steve Miller looks really funny handing out tiny cans of Sparks, and that it's really extra funny when Dave P comes running outside, hears the drum circle across the street, and starts yelling, "Is that live fucking drumming? Is that live fucking drumming? Are you serious? Is that for real?"
R.I.P. Driz Horse.

THURSDAY:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

There's this free CarShare party at Transit with ?uestlove and WTWB DJs, and there's Silk City, where we can see everyone we haven't seen for two weeks. I say let's do both and have a very late night playing Spades.

(Oops, that's next week.)

FRIDAY:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Easy.

I mean surriously, this weekend is the lostest of lost weekends. It's literally like a magical rave fairy turned my ipod into Philly Party Weekend USA.

Dan and I originally became party partners because of New Young Pony Club's "Ice Cream," and I have been listening to Erol Alkan's insane live sets over and over on the train for the last two months. Here's what Dave P had to say about Erol Alkan, Mixmag's DJ of the Year and the guy who ran the legendary Trash:

"EROL ALKAN IS THE REASON WHY MAKING TIME EXISTS. YES!!! EROL ALKAN IS THE MAIN INFLUENCE ON WHAT I DO NOW AND WAS THE MAIN INFLUENCE ON AND INSPIRATION FOR ME STARTING MAKING TIME. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BRING EROL ALKAN TO PLAY MAKING TIME FOR JUST ABOUT 7 YEARS NOW...BASICALLY SINCE THE PARTY STARTED...AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED TO HAVE SOMEONE PLAY MAKING TIME AS I AM ABOUT FINALLY HAVING EROL DJ. HIS PARTY TRASH WAS THE BEST PARTY IN THE WORLD FOR 10 YEARS, HIS DJ SETS ARE THE RADDEST AND MOST INSPIRING DJ SETS I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE AND HIS REMIXES HAVE BEEN MAKING YOU, AND ME, FREAKOUT LIKE CRAZY PEOPLE FOR YEARS. THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR OVER 7 YEARS. NOW...YOU CAN FINALLY EXPERIENCE EROL ALKAN LIVE AT MAKING TIME AND I AM SO FUCKING STOKED FOR YOU!!!"


This might be a good night to experiment with drugs, load up on the glow sticks, and bring out the square picture cameras.

SATURDAY:

I'm sad that I'll be missing Philosoparty in NYC. But...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's Jo-Lev's birthday party! If we can't get her a Marky Mark, let's get her a rabbit fur coat.

And if time permits,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MTHRFCKNG MSTRKRFT!!! WTWBX2!!!TRNST!!! WTH BLDBTH & SHWN RYN!

SUNDAY:

Zhoo-STEE-suh.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Will it be like this?



With the goddamn Midnight Juggernauts! At the Troc.

And a little bird told me the after-party will be at Silk City.

MONDAY: All-day siesta.

OK, look. Here's the deal, though. This is the kind of weekend that makes you remember you are young and alive. Let's go really really hard. download

1 comment:

Bangs said...

Oh jeez. We all have jobs and a million party responsibilities? This might be the antithesis to the siesta lifestyle of last week.